The lecture list for Michaelmas Term 2021 is published online at http://rbll.classics.ox.ac.uk/. Please note that the times and venues of lectures are subject to change at short notice, so you are advised to check the online lecture list regularly for up-to-date information.
1. Lectures and classes last one hour unless otherwise stated. Lecturers are asked to being speaking five minutes after the advertised start time, and to finish their lecture five minutes before the advertised finishing time, to allow time for students to travel between venues.
2. Unless specific weeks are indicated (e.g. "wks 1,3,5,7"), lectures and classes take place in all eight weeks of full term.
3. Lectures and classes with more complex timetabling patterns (e.g. those being held in different venues on different occasions) may appear as two or more adjacent entries in the lecture list.
4. Lectures and classes marked with an asterisk (*) are open to invited groups of students only.
5. Lectures and classes marked with a dollar sign ($) require advance signup, because of capacity restrictions in the teaching venue. Please see below for instructions on how to sign up.
6. Some lectures and classes only happen biennially or two years out of three. These are indicated in the lecture list. You are advised to attend lectures at the first available opportunity, as it may not be possible to attend the same lecture series in a subsequent year, for instance if the lectures are biennial or if changes to the timetable are necessary from year to year.
Lectures and classes requiring signup in Michaelmas Term 2021
The following lectures and classes will require advance signup on a weekly basis in Michaelmas Term. Where lectures require signup in Canvas, you will be able to sign up any time between the end of the preceding lecture and 09:00 on the morning of the lecture. The signup procedure for some lectures and classes may differ; please see the prospectus entry below for more details.
- Art under the Roman Empire: sign up via Canvas
- Cities and Settlement I and II: sign up via Canvas
- Greek Coins: see prospectus entry below for instructions on how to sign up
- Greek Language: Xenophon, Anabasis 3: sign up via Canvas
- Historical Linguistics and Comparative Philology Introductory Circus: sign up via Canvas
- Latin Language: Caesar, Bellum Gallicum: sign up via Canvas
- Roman Coins and History 1: see prospectus entry below for instructions on how to sign up
- Texts and Contexts: Art and Archaeology: sign up via Canvas
- Texts and Contexts 1a: The Persian Wars: sign up via Canvas